Bakersfield College designed courses and certificates to support educators by teaching skills needed to effectively teach online. There are several courses covering such topics as online course design, instructional technology tools, and best practices for online teaching. Gain hands-on experience with a learning management system, explore effective strategies for engaging students, and learn how to assess student learning outcomes in the online environment. Whether you are a current teacher or are striving to teach one day, these courses will help you build skills increasing effectiveness while adding certificates to your resume.
What is Online Teaching?
Online teaching, also known as virtual or e-learning, is a method of delivering education or instruction through the internet or other digital technologies. It involves using online tools, platforms, and resources to teach and learn, instead of traditional face-to-face methods.
Online teaching can take many forms, including live video conferencing, pre-recorded videos, interactive modules, online discussion boards, and other digital media. It allows students to learn from anywhere, at any time, and at their own pace, making education more accessible and flexible. It requires specialized skills and training for educators to effectively design and deliver engaging online courses and materials that promote learning and student success.
Is Online Teaching right for Me?
If you are a current or aspiring educator, trainer, or instructor, this is right for you. These courses and certificates can also be useful for professionals who work in related fields, such as instructional designers, curriculum developers, and e-learning specialists. Overall, this is ideal for anyone who wants to improve their skills in online teaching and learn how to effectively engage and educate students in a virtual classroom.
A successful online teacher possesses a combination of technical skills, teaching experience, and personal qualities that allow them to effectively engage and educate students in a virtual environment. Bakersfield College is here to help you build your technical skills and enhance your teaching experience.
Paying For Education
Careers Related to Online Teaching
You CAN Afford BC
Don’t let finances get in the way of your goals. Get help paying for college costs
like tuition, books, or sometimes even the rent with a variety of financial aid options
to help you reach your educational and career goals.
You CAN Afford BC
Here are some careers related to online teaching:
- Online Teacher: This is the most obvious career path for someone with an Online Teaching Job Skills Certificate. Online teachers design and deliver online courses and interact with students through online platforms.
- Instructional Designer: Instructional designers work with subject matter experts to design and develop online courses. They use various instructional design principles to create engaging and effective online courses.
- Curriculum Developer: Curriculum developers design and develop educational content for online courses. They create and organize course materials and ensure that the content aligns with learning objectives.
- E-Learning Specialist: E-learning specialists design, develop, and implement e-learning programs. They may also provide training and support to teachers and learners using e-learning technologies.
- Corporate Trainer: Corporate trainers design and deliver online training programs for employees of an organization. They may use a variety of e-learning tools and platforms to deliver the training.
- Education Consultant: Education consultants provide advice and guidance to schools, districts, and organizations on educational issues. With an Online Teaching Job Skills Certificate, an education consultant can provide expertise on the design and delivery of online courses.
The Online Teaching certificates can assist you toward a variety of career paths in the education and training industries.
Academic Department: Education
Career & Learning Pathway: Education Pathway
Courses: Education (EDUC)
Not sure where to start? Let us help.
Meet with a Counselor
Call (661) 395-4421.