CompTIA and Information Technology
The CompTIA program at Bakersfield College offers students the opportunity to gain practical knowledge and skills in the rapidly evolving field of technology.
These programs provide students with a comprehensive understanding of IT concepts, best practices, and emerging technologies. Through a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on training, students develop the skills necessary to excel in a variety of technology careers. The CompTIA program offers students a chance to obtain industry-standard certifications, such as A+, Network+, Security+, and others, that demonstrate proficiency in specific technology areas. Earning a Certificate of Achievement will allow you to pursue careers in technology or to transfer to a four-year institution to continue your studies in a technology-related field.
What is CompTIA?
CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association) is a non-profit trade association that offers a wide range of vendor-neutral IT certifications. CompTIA certifications are globally recognized and validate the knowledge and skills required for various IT roles. The CompTIA Certificate of Achievement at Bakersfield College is designed to support students to pass CompTIA’s certification exams.
Is CompTIA right for Me?
Successful students in this program typically possess the following traits:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Overall, students who possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a curiosity and desire to learn, attention to detail, creativity, strong communication skills, and an ability to work in a team are well-suited. The CompTIA is part of the IT field which is constantly evolving and changing, so the ability to adapt to new technologies and ideas is also important.
Paying For Education
You CAN Afford BC
Don’t let finances get in the way of your goals. Get help paying for college costs
like tuition, books, or sometimes even the rent with a variety of financial aid options
to help you reach your educational and career goals.
You CAN Afford BC
With a certificate of achievement in Information Technology (IT) you can pursue a variety of entry-level positions in the technology industry. Some common careers for certificate holders in IT include:
- Computer support specialist: Provide technical support and troubleshooting for computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Help desk technician: Respond to user inquiries and resolve technical problems related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Network support technician: Install and maintain network hardware and software, troubleshoot network issues, and monitor network performance.
- Cybersecurity technician: Implement security measures to protect computer systems and networks from unauthorized access, viruses, and other cyber threats.
- Database administrator: Install, maintain, and troubleshoot databases, and ensure the security and accuracy of data.
These are just a few examples of the many career options available. With the increasing reliance on technology in virtually all industries, the demand for skilled IT professionals is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
Academic Department: Engineering & Information Technology
Career & Learning Pathway: Business Pathway
Courses: Computer Science (COMP)
Not sure where to start? Let us help.
Meet with a CTE Advisor
Call (661) 395-4402 for an appointment.