Business Office Skills
Bakersfield College offers several courses, certificates, and degrees that provide students with the practical skills needed to succeed in today's fast-paced business world. These programs cover a wide range of topics, including bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and office management. Whether you are looking to start a new career or improve your current job prospects, this program offers a comprehensive curriculum that will help you achieve your goals.
What are Business Office Skills?
The study of Business Office Skills refers to programs of study that provide training in a range of administrative and office support skills. This includes courses in office technology, computer applications, recordkeeping, bookkeeping, customer service, and communication skills, among others.
The goal of BC’s Business Office Skills programs is to prepare you for administrative support roles in a variety of settings, including offices, business organizations, and government agencies.
Is Studying Business Office Skills Right for Me?
Individuals who would be good at studying business office skills tend to have certain qualities, such as:
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Technical skills
These are just a few of the qualities that can contribute to success in a business office. Whether you are looking to build a foundation for a career in the business field or seeking to improve your skills in your current role, studying business office skills can be a valuable investment.
Business Office Skills Degree and Certificates
- Administrative Office Assistant Associate of Arts
- Office Assistant Certificate of Achievement
- Office Assistant Job Skills Certificate
- Basic Internet Skills Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Basic Office Skills Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Basic Office Software Skills Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Beginning Computer Skills Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Customer Relations Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Digital Marketing for Small Business Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Powerful Presentation Certificate of Completion (NC)
- QuickBooks Basics for Small Business Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Recruiting and Managing Employees Certificate of Completion (NC)
- Sales Techniques Certificate of Completion (NC)
Paying For Education
Careers with Business Office Skills
You CAN Afford BC
Don’t let finances get in the way of your goals. Get help paying for college costs
like tuition, books, or sometimes even the rent with a variety of financial aid options
to help you reach your educational and career goals.
You CAN Afford BC
The study of business office skills can be beneficial for individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in administrative and support roles within various industries. These skills can prepare students for a wide range of positions, including:
- Administrative Assistant: Performs a variety of administrative tasks, including scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, and preparing reports.
- Executive Assistant: Provides administrative support to executives and senior management, including managing schedules, making travel arrangements, and handling confidential information.
- Receptionist: Greets visitors and manages incoming calls, as well as performs general office tasks, such as filing, copying, and data entry.
- Office Manager: Supervises the day-to-day operations of an office, including managing staff, handling finances, and ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
- Customer Service Representative: Interacts with customers to provide information about products or services, resolve customer issues, and handle customer complaints.
These are just a few examples of the types of careers that can be pursued with a solid foundation in business office skills. By gaining practical experience and knowledge in areas such as computer software, communication, and organizational skills, students can develop the competencies necessary to excel in these roles.
Academic Department: Business Education
Career & Learning Pathway: Business Pathway
Courses: Office Technology (OFFT)
Not sure where to start? Let us help.
Meet with a Counselor
Call (661) 395-4421.