Steps to Continue
Continuing students are enrolled in current semester classes.
Step 1: Update Form
Your first step to continuing at Bakersfield College is to complete the update form online by logging in to InsideBC. From the MyBanWeb menu at the top of the screen, choose Update Form. This is required each semester. If you are havnig trouble, see our step-by-step instructions on How to Find and Complete the Update Form.
Step 2: Stay on the Path
Ensure you are still on the right path to your education goals, career goals, and graduating on time. Contact counseling for:
- Individual advising appointment
- Student Education Plan (SEP) workshop
- Student Development courses
- Follow-up services
Step 3: Register for Classes
- Register for classes on InsideBC.
- Check Important Dates for registration dates and deadlines.
- Check out our Step by Step Registration Guide.
Priority registration is the ability to register early for the upcoming semester. In order to qualify, students must do the following:
- Enroll in an Educational Planning course and complete an SEP.
- Complete all matriculation components including orientation, placement and counseling.
- Students on disqualification must see a counselor.
- Continued students who were registered on Monday of the 3rd week of classes are assigned
early registration appointments for the following semester in the following order:
- Students who belong to specific groups or special programs and who have completed matriculation.
- Students who have completed orientation, placement, counseling, and have a student educational plan on file in descending order of the number of units completed, except that students who have completed 45 to 68 units will be first.
- High School seniors who have completed the early registration process.
All students on probation/disqualification:
You MUST see a counselor before registering.
Note: Students who have already earned a degree at Bakersfield College are eligible to register after students who have earned 45-60 units at BC. Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree or higher are eligible to register after priority registration has completed - during open registration.