hero image

Discover Your Course Placement

Bakersfield College wants you to succeed in your academic career. That is why we want you placed in the English, mathematics, and English for Multilingual Students courses which will maximize your success.

No More Assessment Tests!

Instead, we use your high school GPA and coursework to recommend the courses to make you successful in your goals.

Don't have U.S. high school records?

If you don't have U.S. high school records, did not complete at least 11th grade in a U.S. high school, graduated from a non-U.S. high school or you are an international student, that's fine. We will have you complete the Guided Self-Placement process instead.

If you speak a language other than English and feel that you would benefit from taking classes in our English for Multilingual Students (EMLS) Department, you may choose to place yourself into the EMLS sequence.

Learn more about California Community Colleges and AB 705.

How will you be placed?

American flag.

Find out your placement in English and math courses based on your high school GPA and coursework.

Student working on laptop.

Find out how to choose your courses and your next steps for placing yourself in courses for success.

Female student tutors another.

Research shows that students are more likely to succeed when placed in transfer-level courses in their first year. Don't be intimidated, BC provides support for your success.

What is BC Doing?

Implementation of AB 705