Phlebotomy Training Program
Phlebotomy Technicians are in demand as one of the fastest growing occupations in healthcare. Launch your career as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1. Collect blood samples from patients in a hospital, clinical laboratory, medical office, or clinical setting.
Through lectures and hands-on training, learn what you need to know about the circulatory system, venipuncture technique, specimen collection, risk factors, complications, and quality assurance. Bakersfield College Nursing Department is collaborating with AUMT Institute to offer the Certified Phlebotomy Technician Course (CPT1).
Certified Phlebotomy Technician Course (CPT1)
This course provides a complete learning experience—with 48 hours of classroom instruction and a 40-hour hands-on externship. The course is also designed to prepare you to take the National Certification exam to become a California Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 (CPT1).
A certificate of completion is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Mandatory Information Session required to be eligible to sign up for program. May 5th at 6pm-Capacity met. May 6th at 10am-Capacity met. PLEASE check back for future information session offerings.
- study guides
- all class materials
- exam preparation
- and externship
Payment agreements will be made once a seat is secured in the program.
- Scrub uniforms - cost varies
- California State CPT1 License fee - $100.00
- National Certification exam fee - $117.00
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a High School diploma, HiSET or Equivalency
- No history of Felonies (Misdemeanors may cause denial of your License application - see CA Dept. of Public Health for details)
- Mandatory Orientation
- Background check, drug screen, and immunizations
- Current CPR from American Heart Association for Health Care Providers (can be obtained during the program)
- COVID vaccine requirements
- Spring 23 cohort 1: January 21st - March 18th (no class 2/18/23, President's Day Weekend)
- Spring 23 cohort 2: March 25th - May 20th (no class 4/8/23 for Spring recess)
- Summer 23 cohort 1: June 3rd - July 22nd
- Summer 23 cohort 2: July 29th - September 23rd (no class September 2nd for Labor Day)
- Fall 23 cohort: September 30th - December 2nd (no class November 11th for Veteran's Day and November 25th for Thanksgiving)
- Classes held from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday
National Certification Exam
Summer cohort 2: September 30th at 9:30am
Fall cohort: December 9th at 9:30am