Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Applications
Continuing and Transfer Scholarship Applications Are Now LIVE for Students to Submit.
There are many online features and benefits for students when submitting their online scholarship application.
Students can view available scholarships that they are specifically eligible for, apply for scholarships, view and accept scholarship offers, upload thank you letters for donors and upload pictures.
Steps to Complete Online Application
Student must complete the application:
- Step 1: Login with your BC issued email address and password and fill out an application at KCCD Academicworks. (Application period begins in October)
- Step 2: Submit two recommendations online. (Must be from two separate faculty/teacher)
- Step 3: Answer any supplemental questions online.
Advocates Against Tobacco/Truth Initiative
This is a sizable scholarship from the Truth Initiative, which is competitive among students who are advocates against tobacco. This is a particularly good time for advocacy and activism given that we are progressing toward a Tobacco-Free BC in the next year and will be looking to encourage and support innovative campaign activities. Adams Scholarship at truthinitiative.org/
Application Deadline is April 30
Employers' Training Resource/America's Job Center Funding Assistance
For eligible RN, LVN-RN, VN AND RAD TECH Bakersfield College program students
Assistance with various program costs throughout the duration of the program upon approval. Must be Kern County resident.
For more information contact Yvette with Employer's Training Resource at (661) 325-4473 or visit etronline.com
Bakersfield College Students
Apply for hundreds of scholarships by filling out the General Bakersfield College Scholarship application online. There are no more paper applications. Bakersfield College students can submit the BC Scholarship Application online.
View the YouTube video for more information regarding the new online BC Scholarship Application process:
Or view the Step-by-Step Powerpoint (PDF)
With the BC online automated scholarship system, students can:
- fill out one simple general scholarship application
- automatically be considered for many of the scholarships available at Bakersfield College
- may be eligible for additional scholarships by answering a few supplemental questions
- do a keyword search on all of the scholarships available to review qualifications
- have access to submit requests for Letter of Recommendation forms online
Here are some simple steps for students to follow:
- Begin the scholarship application at kccd.academicworks.com (application periods open October 1)
- Log on by providing your BC issued e-mail address and password (same username and password you use to register for classes)
- Complete the simple online general scholarship application
- The application will not be complete until the you email two required letter of recommendation forms (you will need the instructor's name and email address)
Note: YOUR LISTED MAJOR WITH BAKERSFIELD COLLEGE MUST BE ACCURATE IN ORDER FOR SCHOLARSHIPS SPECIFIC TO MAJOR TO MATCH YOUR CRITERIA
California Society of Radiologic Technologists (CSRT)
CSRT is the professional radiologic technology organization that works to promote leadership and quality patient care through education and legislative action in the State of California.
For more information on student scholarships through membership in this organization, contact csrt.org and review "Student Scholarships".
Association of Collegiate Educators in Radiologic Technology (ACERT)
Bakersfield College is an institutional member of ACERT. As a result, BC students are eligible for scholarships through After College, an employment organization that supports medical imaging job opportunities and advancements.
For more information, contact: acert.org and review "After College Scholarships".
Bakersfield College Radiologic Technology Scholarship
The program offers annual awards through the Ferris A. Boyce Memorial Radiologic Technology Scholarship Fund. Students may apply annually each Fall Semester for awards in the next academic year.
For more information, contact Bakersfield College Financial Aid Office
Phone: (661) 395-4428