Amazon Career Choice Program
Bakersfield College is proud to partner with Amazon Career Choice to offer students a pathway to a career. Eligible Full-time and part-time Amazon employees who participate may receive tuition assistance while they expand their skillset.
What is Amazon Career Choice?
Career Choice is an education benefit that empowers employees to learn new skills for career success. Amazon provides a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including pre-paid college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as English language, high school diplomas, and GEDs after working for the company for 90 days. Career Choice benefits include:
- Pre-paid tuition and reimbursement of books and fees up to an annual maximum.
- Limitless learning, with no limit to the number of years you can utilize the benefit as long as you're employed by Amazon.
- Fast starts, with eligible Amazon employees able to participate in Career Choice after only 90 days of employment.
- Aligned program offerings to internal roles and career pathways, offering opportunities for employees to pursue their careers within Amazon or elsewhere.
Amazon's Career Choice program launched in 2012 and has since met the following milestones.
- In the U.S., Amazon is investing $1.2 billion to upskill more than 300,000 employees by 2025 to help move them into higher-paying, in-demand jobs.
- Amazon's Career Choice program works with numerous education providers across the U.S., which includes colleges and universities, partners providing industry certifications, English language proficiency, and high school completion programs.
- Career Choice is now live in 14 countries (Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, and U.S.) and works with over 300 educational providers globally.
- More than 90,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since inception (more than 60,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are the Career Choice program's most popular fields of study globally.
- More than half of Amazon Career Choice participants identify as Black, Hispanic or Native American.
The educators in the Amazon Career Choice partner network deliver on Amazon's commitment to provide hourly employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, we are committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources, and continuous improvements to the student experience.
Find Your Path: There's a Pathway for Everyone at Bakersfield College
Explore your career of choice by using the BC Program Pathways Mapper. You can select your career pathway to see certificates and degrees that are available. You can explore careers related to that pathway, and read about job descriptions, salary ranges and job growth predictions.
For Career Choice to initiate payment, the employee must be accepted at Bakersfield College and enrolled in classes. For more information on how to enroll at Bakersfield College, please visit the Steps to Enroll page.
How to Request Payment from Amazon Career Choice:
- Visit amazoncareerchoice.com and submit a payment request for your chosen school and program.
- The request will be sent to the school to confirm course level details, and either approve or deny the request.
- If approved, Amazon pays the school directly!
Would you like more information?
Complete the form below and one of our team members will connect with you.