Student Employment FAQs
To schedule a virtual appointment, call the Student Employment Office at (661) 395-4550 or email email@example.com. You may also email your Job Development Specialist directly.
Appointment options include email, phone, or “ZOOM”. Your Job Developer will contact you via your BC email or call your onfile phone number.
All Job Development appointments have transitioned into a virtual environment. Zoom meetings are preferred. You must log-in from a computer, laptop, or tablet with a microphone and webcam to optimize your virtual appointment. Your smartphone is also an option. After you schedule your appointment, you will receive a link with steps on how to log-in and "meet" with your Job Developer.
To help flatten the curve of the Coronavirus pandemic, Bakersfield College departments are working with all student employees to utilize assistance as needed. Please communicate directly with your supervisor for specific details.
At this time the Student Employment Lab will be temporarily closed. In order to access some of its resources online, please visit the Career Readiness Resources webpage.
At this time the hiring process for Student Employees has been temporarily postponed. If you have been offered a job and completed paperwork, but have not received HR clearance and a start date from your supervisor, please check with your supervisor as your position could be on a temporary hold.
Students seeking employment on-campus can continue to apply for jobs through the Jobspeaker website, but can anticipate a delay in the process. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Employment Center assists students in finding part-time and full-time employment located on and off-campus while attending college or upon graduation. We make an effort to locate work that is related to your major or occupational goal. To utilize Student Employment services, students must be currently enrolled or be a Bakersfield College graduate or Bakersfield College alumni. All employment positions are posted on Jobspeaker.
Students looking for employment should follow these steps:
- Create an account on Jobspeaker. For best results with Jobspeaker, use Google Chrome as your browser.
- Apply online or download the free Jobspeaker mobile app.
- When actively job seeking, check your Jobspeaker account often. All interactions, including the scheduling of your interviews will be done through the online system.
- You need to be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units or part-time status at Bakersfield College to work on campus and (2) units for the summer term.
- Create a profile and register for Jobspeaker website.
- Attach a professional resume (you will not be able to apply without a complete resume).
- Complete the application in its entirety with three full references (including name, full address and phone number).
- If a BC Department requires Federal Work Study, then students must be eligible through their Financial Aid Award.
Job Developers are connected directly with the employer's within our community to understand the needs of the workforce. With the evolving economy, they work closely with the industry to keep up with changes in the labor market and understand the necessary skills it takes for our students to obtain employment. Job Developers can support you with Career Advising, Career Workshops, Job Coaching, Job Leads/Labor Market Trends, Mock Interviews and Resume Writing.
If you are currently seeking employment or have attempted to apply for jobs, you can meet with a Job Development Specialist to review your current resume and cover letter, understand possible interview questions and gain the right techniques to apply to your job search.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM | Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM