Career Readiness Resources
Bakersfield College students have FREE access to LinkedIn Learning! LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career.
Want to learn more about LinkedIn Learning, check out these informational videos?
Ready to start learning? Get going with these hot topics below:
- Creating a Career Plan
- Planning for your career and life
- Writing a resume
- Designing a resume
- Writing a cover letter
- Job Search strategies
- Job hunting for college grads
- Mastering common interview questions
- Expert tips for answering common interview questions
- Becoming a successful job hunter
Resume, Tools and Resources
A resume is one of the most important tools in meeting your career goals. This document showcases your experience and qualifications and is the first impression you make with an employer. In addition to your resume, leave a lasting impression during your interview.
If you need assistance updating your current resume or would like to practice interviewing techniques, visit Student Employment (FACE 11) or call (661) 395-4550 to make an appointment with a Job Development Specialist.
- Resume Lab - learn from actionable resume writing guides and tutorials with hints from resume experts
- Resume Builder - free informational resources that allow you to craft your resume and cover letters.
- The Grad's Guide to Getting Hired - career consultant Kristine Kero offers tips on how to get hired for a job upon graduation
- Jobs For Felons Hub - a free resource focused on helping felons get employed and re-enter into society after prison
Labor Market Trends
- ONet - an online tool for career exploration and job analysis
- State of California Employment Development Department
- JobComet Career Finder - a resource that uses US Census data to report careers people choose based on their educational backgrounds
Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM | Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM