Reporting a Title IX Incident

Online reporting of sexual assault/violence, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. Disclosure of the incident may be required under the Clery Act. However, the identity of the survivor will not be disclosed.

Incident Reporting Intake Form

Bakersfield College is concerned about the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff. In an effort to open the lines of communication across campus, Office of Student Life has created this incident report form. If you were involved in a non-academic conduct incident, complete and submit this Incident Reporting Intake Form. Your report will be sent to the Deputy Title IX Coordinator and the Director of Student Life for review. The information provided will not be disseminated to the public unless required by law.

Sexual Misconduct Reporting Intake Form

This form should be used to report concerns pertaining to or possible violations of the KCCD Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Discrimination Policy (KCCD Board Policy 7D) such as sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, or sexual intimidation. You can also visit the Sexual Misconduct and Title IX website for more information.

Formal Complaint Under Title IX

Title IX is a law that intends to protect people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance. The law requires that a complainant who is alleging sexual harassment submit a formal complaint in order to initiate the grievance process.


In the event of an emergency, the victim is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.

Urgent, non-emergency cases

If a case is urgent, contact Bakersfield College College Safety((661) 395-4554)immediately. College safety will assess if a crime has been committed and submit a report that will be addressed by the Deputy Title IX Coordinator if a student is involved or affected.

If a victim of sexual misconduct wishes to remain confidential, contact a mental health professional at the Student Health Center((661) 395-4663)during their open hours. These are the only professionals on campus who can ensure confidentiality.

How do Employees file Title IX reports on behalf of students or employees?

Faculty and staff members should report a Title IX incident by contacting Bakersfield College College Safety ((661) 395-4336) immediately upon learning of an incident. If a student/employee who is a victim of sexual misconduct wishes to keep the information confidential, the complaint should be made at the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) with a mental health professional who can maintain confidentiality. Complaints can also be made to campus police if a crime may have been committed or a person feels unsafe on campus. However, Bakersfield College College Safety cannot ensure confidentiality. If an employee or student wishes to accompany a victim to the Student Health and Wellness Center or Bakersfield College College Safety to file a complaint, they should feel free to do so. Sometimes we need a friendly face with us to follow through on filing a complaint.

How do Students make Title IX complaints?

Students can contact the Deputy Title IX Coordinator in Human Resources ((661) 395-4850), Bakersfield College College Safety ((661) 395-4554), the Office of Student Life ((661) 395-4614) or visit the Student Health and Wellness Center ((661) 395-4336) to report a possible Title IX violation. If a student contacts a professor, dean or staff member, they too will follow the process outlined above. Campus Police and the Student Health and Wellness Center can provide the most prompt replies for urgent cases. If a victim wishes to remain confidential, the complaint should be made at the SHWC with a mental health professional as these are the only professionals on campus who can ensure confidentiality.

Reporting Incidents and Crimes

Working together, safety at Bakersfield College is everyone's business. No community, of course, can be totally risk-free in today's society. Students, faculty/staff, and visitors are partners in creating an atmosphere that is safe and conducive to teaching and learning. Whether you are a victim or a witness, you have the responsibility to report the crime. If a crime occurs on or around campus, report it immediately to the Bakersfield College Department of College Safety ((661) 395-4554).

College Safety is the primary agency for reporting and investigating all crimes that occur on Bakersfield College Campuses. Any instances of criminal activity occurring on a Bakersfield College Campus should be reported to College Safety.

You may contact College Safety by calling (661) 395-4554 or coming to the office which is located on the west side of the Levinson Hall building at the Panorama campus.

Crimes in progress and crimes that have just occurred should be reported immediately. Whenever possible, the actual victim or witness of the crime should call directly. First-hand information is always more accurate and complete. If someone merely gives you the information and leaves, please include that person's information in your call to the police.

Bakersfield College College Safety is staffed 24-hours a day by trained officers. The officers constantly receive calls from the 9-1-1 and business lines. They assign the appropriate police officers, paramedics or emergency worker to handle the calls. When calling to report a crime or incident, please be ready to give information such as:

  • A brief description of the occurrence,
  • When and where the incident occurred,
  • Weapons the suspect(s) carried,
  • Where and when the suspect(s) was last seen,
  • Description of the suspect(s) (including gender, race, age, height, weight, hair color/length, clothing, facial hair, tattoos/scars) and any other relevant information.
  • In addition to the importance of reporting, timely information assists in developing information and warnings for the campus.

When a crime is reported to Bakersfield College College Safety, an officer will take a report outlining the circumstances of the incident, as well as any other pertinent information. The officer receiving the report is also responsible for following through on the case until the conclusion.

In all instances of criminal activity, College Safety works to determine the exact nature and perpetrator(s) of the crime for the purpose of developing a viable criminal case to be forwarded the Bakersfield Police Department for prosecution.

In all cases where a student is considered a suspect, College Safety will also forward the case information to the Deputy Title IX Coordinator and the Director of Student Life for review and action as a possible violation of the Standards of Student Conduct.

Bakersfield Community resources

The Alliance Against Family Violence & Sexual Assault

1921 19th Street
Bakersfield, Ca 93301
(661) 322-0931

External Agency Reporting

Student Related Complaints

Office of Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
50 United Nations Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94102

Employee Related Complaints


U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Roybal Federal Building
255 East Temple St., 4th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012.

California Department of Fair Employment and Housing

2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100
Elk Grove, CA 95758