Everyone is asked to assist in making the campus a safe place by being alert to suspicious situations and by reporting them as outlined below. Do not take unnecessary chances.
If you are the victim of, or if you witness an on-campus violation of the law, such as assault, robbery, theft, overt sexual behavior, etc.:
- Notify the Police at 9-1-1 or the Department of College Safety at (661) 395-4554 and supply them with the following information:
- Your name
- Nature of incident
- Location of incident
- Description of person(s) involved / description of property involved
- If you witness a violation of the law, immediately notify the Department of College Safety and give them the information outlined above.
- Assist College Safety Officers when they arrive by supplying them with any additional information.
- Bakersfield Police Officers/College College Safety Officers will conduct the required campus search and will evacuate areas as necessary. Follow their instructions.
- Everyone is asked to report to their departmental office the existence of anyone loitering or soliciting on campus. These people may be asked to leave if they do not have permission or a proper reason for being on campus. Call College Safety Dispatch at 661-395-4554 if they refuse to leave when asked.
- Report disruptive conduct to the Department of College Safety at (661) 395-4554.