BC Southwest Student Services
Counseling & Advising
BC Southwest counselors are available in #101 by appointment or as a walk-in. To make an appointment please call (661) 541-1500 or visit the front desk. Counselors can help you:
- Choose a major
- Develop a career plan
- Develop or update your Comprehensive Student Education Plan (CSEP) - by appointment only
- Academic & Progress Probation
- Academic & Progress Disqualification
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) contracts
- Determine if student Advanced Placement (AP) and other college/university credit will satisfy Bakersfield College requirements
- Transfer out of Bakersfield College to other colleges and/or universities
- and more!
Tutoring services are available at the BC SouthWest Center, in Room #120. The BC SouthWest Tutoring Center is certified by CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association). Knowledgeable and trained peer tutors offer FREE tutoring to all currently enrolled BC students in a wide range of classes. Set your own agenda to learn at your pace.
Appointments can be made by coming into the Tutoring Center. Walk-in assistance is available for Math and English. Group tutoring sessions are available. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you!
|Monday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
The BC Southwest Writing Center is located in #217 and offers one-on-one appointments with professional Writing Consultants to all BC registered students. Students can schedule 30-minute sessions, or 60-minute sessions if they are registered with DSPS or EOPS.
Our degreed, professional writing consultants will help you with:
- Planning and organizing
- Revising and Editing
- English for Multi-Lingual Students (EMLS)
- Scholarship Letters
- Personal Statements
- Assignment Clarification
- MLA, APA, ASA, Chicago Style, etc.
Students can also take advantage of computer access, quiet study areas and our printing station.
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
BC Southwest Library Services are located in #217 where students can:
- Ask librarians research questions in person
- Access BCSW course reserve textbooks
- Request physical books from our main campus collection
- Use library computers and campus wifi
- Study in the library
- Chat with librarians online
- Find articles and ebooks
|Monday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|