What is Dual Enrollment?
High School districts offer college courses to their students during and after the high school day through Dual Enrollment (courses are now available for Summer/Fall 2023).
Here are some facts about Dual Enrollment at BC.
- Most, if not all, students in the class are high school students.
- Courses are primarily taught by high school instructors.
- Students are approved and enrolled through their high school district.
- All fees are waived and required materials are provided.
What is Concurrent Enrollment?
High school students can take courses at a Bakersfield College campus, or online, through Concurrent Enrollment (courses for Spring 2024 will be available beginning on October 2nd).
Here are some facts about Concurrent Enrollment at BC
- Most of the students in the class will be traditional BC college students.
- All courses are taught by college instructors.
- Students are approved by their high school administrator or counselor.
- Students must be cleared by Admissions & Records to register themselves in their courses.
- Tuition cost is waived, but minimal fees apply and must be paid by the student.
- Textbooks are not provided and must be purchased by the student, if required.
Ready to Get Started?
Zoom Support Hours: Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM