AB 540 Student Support Program
The Bakersfield College AB540 Support Program provides a comprehensive program of services for students who are eligible under the AB540/ AB2000/SB 68- California Nonresident Tuition Exemption. The goal of the program is to help eligible students meet their educational objectives, whether they seek occupational certificates, associate degrees, or transfer to four-year institutions.
Have A Question?
Need help completing a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form (AB540 Form)?
AB540 Eligibility Summary
- Attend 3 years full-time (or the equivalent credit) at a California High school, Adult School, Community College, or any combination of the above
- Graduate from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the term (for example, passing the GED or California High School Proficiency exam)
- Submit an affidavit to the California public college or university you are attending or plan to attend
To see full eligibility requirements, please see our AB540 Eligibility and Submission page for more information.
- Nonresident Tuition Exemption Form Eligibility Support: Support completing and submitting AB540 Form
- Counseling and Advising: Counselors and Advisors can support with Academic advisement, career planning, transfer questions, education planning, and course registration
- Educational & Professional Development Workshops: A variety of educational workshops will be available to students with an AB540 Exemption
- Financial Aid Application Workshop and Support: Support completing federal and state financial aid, as well as scholarships and grants
- Immigration Legal Services: Free legal immigration services can be found at FINDYOURALLY.com
- On & Off Campus Resources Referrals: Our professionals will navigate students through the numerous resources and services available to students at BC
Students who would like to submit a California Nonresident Tuition Waiver Exemption Form (AB540 form) can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (661) 395-4240, or visit our virtual lobby. You can also visit us in-person. We are located on the second floor of the Center for Student Success (CSS) building. Please see our contact page for more information.