New Students: Applying to BC
For students who have NEVER applied to Bakersfield College, Cerro Coso College, or Porterville College.
NOTE: this is a three-step process that includes creating a CCCApply account, completing a BC application, and activating your application. Once complete, you will receive your BC email address and ID number.
Creating a CCCApply Account
On the “Application to Admission to College” page, click on Create an Account.
Enter your email, or choose “Use mobile phone instead”.
You will receive a verification code via text or email, depending on which you chose to use. Enter it when you receive it.
Create an Open CCC Account.
- Contact Information
- Do NOT use your high school email address.
- Personal Information
- Credentials (Create Username and Password)
- Use full legal name (As it appears on your Social Security card or Birth Certificate)
- For this application you will need your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification
- If you do not have a Social Security Card or Taxpayer Identification Number, please call Admissions & Records at (661) 395-4301 for assistance.
Completing Your BC Application
Under “My Applications” click on Start a New Application.
Complete all Application Components and Submission: Check all 3 boxes, then click on Submit My Application.
Confirmation: Verify your information. Then, click Continue.
Activating Your BC Application
Application Activation: Under “Step 3: Create Your College Account Now” click on Create Your College Account.
Choose 4 Digit Number for your BC email address. This can be any 4 digits you will remember!
Create your BC password.
Choose your security question.
Verify: Read and check all 4 boxes, then click Submit.
Congratulations! You are now a Bakersfield College Renegade!
Confirm Your Major.
Go to the High School Seniors webpage. Under Step 2: Complete the Confirm Your Major Form, click “Access and submit the Confirm Your Major Form”.