Financial aid packages are created for students throughout the academic year. Applicants who complete their financial aid files by College priority deadlines will receive maximum consideration in the distribution of funding resources according to funding criteria. Eligible applicants completing a file after the priority deadline will be packaged with Federal Pell Grant, Federal Work Study (dependent on availability of funds), and loans. Bakersfield College employs an up-front policy of grants first, work study second, and loans last.
Guidelines for Awarding Financial Aid:
- The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is determined as a result of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The Federal Pell Grant is the foundation of the financial aid package and eligibility is based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded according to federal guidelines. Federal Pell Grant recipients with the lowest Expected Family Contribution have first priority for FSEOG funding. The minimum FSEOG award is $400.
- Award packages are created based on expected full-time enrollment. Grants are disbursed on a prorated basis based on enrollment./li>
- The College reserves the right to issue adjusted award letters when errors occur in calculating awards.
- Students must log on to MyBanWeb to view their financial aid awards.
- The Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGW) will be automatically accepted.
- To accept Federal Work Study (FWS), students must meet with the On-Campus Job Placement Coordinator.
- Students must attend a loan workshop to accept their Direct Loans.
NOTE:Bakersfield College has a large applicant pool and limited funding allocations. Not all students meeting the priority deadline are awarded funds from all programs..
Expected Family Contribution
Congress legislates the formula that determines an applicant's ability to contribute toward their cost of education. The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is the result of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For dependent students, the EFC is the result of a combination of the parent and student income and asset information. For independent students, the EFC is the result of the student and spouse (if married) income and asset information.
Contact Financial Aid
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
- Don't Forget Your Photo ID!
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00AM - 11:45 AM
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
- BC ID number required
- All responses via your BC Assigned email
- Response time within 24-48 working hours of receipt
Federal School Code: 00118
Office of Financial Aid
1801 Panorama Dr.
Bakersfield, CA 93305