Maintenance & Operations
Maintenance and Operations is a building and facilities service provider, which is dedicated to excellence in customer service. We support our institutional mission by providing Bakersfield College with a safe, secure, pleasant and accessible environment, an environment that supports our college in achieving excellence in teaching and learning and we do that with pride, integrity, and respect.
We strive to be an effective, customer service oriented department that is respected by Bakersfield College and the Bakersfield community.
Within a framework of safety, quality service, environmental sensitivity and operational efficiency the Department of Facilities and Operations will:
- Train and develop staff to discharge the duties of the department in a professional manner. This will be accomplished in a work environment that is safe, challenging, responsive and rewarding.
- Expand, execute and manage comprehensive preventative maintenance programs which protect the college's financial investment in its physical plant.
- Listen and respond to our customers needs.
- Perform day to day cleaning, maintenance, repair and upgrading of the existing physical plant in a manner which strives to meet the expectations of the students, faculty and staff.
- Control costs rigorously through the professional management of departmental resources and the introduction of new technologies and methods.
- Develop, promote, implement and maintain an effective energy management program.
- Provide consultation and information regarding facilities and maintenance matters to other support units and the general college community.
- Comply with the letter and intent of all applicable statutory, code, health and safety regulations.