CA Earth Science Standard: 3rd Grade
- 4 Objects in the sky move in regular and predictable patterns. As a basis for understanding this concept:
- b. Students know the way in which the Moon''s appearance changes during the four week lunar cycle.
Moon Activities (Grades 3-5)
- Cultural Astronomy Moon Lessons
- Phase of the Moon: Students use a ball and lamp to investigate the phases of the moon.
- ASP Programs-at-a-Glance
- The Universe at Your Fingertips Activities: A-1, A-2, A-3. This is a resource notebook prepared by the Astronomy Society of the Pacific and is part of Project ASTRO. You can order the resource notebook from this website. The lessons are very good and are inquiry in nature.