Awards and Recognitions
By definition, they say Renegades are those who "desert a set of principles." Renegades defy convention and embrace the unknown. Renegades are innovators. At Bakersfield College, Renegades stand unfettered by the status quo, refusing to be constrained by boundaries that were never designed to facilitate, but instead to limit. It is in this spirit that BC has earned local, statewide, and national recognition for our leadership, our engagement, and our innovation.
Recent Student Success & Equity Grants and Awards
- CCCCO Student Success Award for Transfer Pathways (2018)
- Campaign for College Opportunity Award for growth in ADT offerings (2016)
- The $2.3M CCCCO Innovation Award for the Program Mapper (2018)
- Ellucian Impact Award Finalist for the Program Pathways Mapper (2019)
- League of Innovation Award for the Program Pathways Mapper (2019)
- Beautiful Bakersfield Award for Dual Enrollment and Early College (2019)
- Institute for Higher Education Policy Summit Acceptance (2019)
- Strategic Enrollment Management Project Acceptance (2019)
- Kern County Black Chamber of Commerce Corporate Partner of the Year (2018)
- Dr. John W. Rice Diversity & Equity Award for Completion Coaching Communities (2019)
- Achieving the Dream Leader College Designation (2018)
These awards demonstrate BC's rich history of leveraging categorical and grant dollars to seed innovations and commit boldly to using those dollars to develop and implement solutions to the pressing issues we experience day in and day out around student progression and completion.