Bakersfield College

Health and Wellness Staff

Student Health Insurance

Health Insurance Enrollment Information

Having insurance and a local primary care provider (physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) makes it easier to succeed in school. Data about college student success supports this statement.

You can find a Single-Streamlined Application on Covered California. Some people qualify to apply outside the enrollment period. Qualifying events include life changes such as getting divorced or married; having a baby or adopting; or losing coverage because you turned 26, left your job, or your job benefits were reduced. For more information about whether you can apply for health insurance outside of the Open Enrollment Period, see resource listed above.

Kern Community College District