Bakersfield College

EOPS/CARE graduation medallions


Welcome to CalWORKsGroup of CalWORKs students

California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Children (CalWORKS)  at Bakersfield College provides education, employment training, support services and work study opportunities to increase wage earning power and lead to self-sufficiency.  

A counselor is available to help develop an education and employment plan that addresses both short-term and long-term goals. An assessment of your needs will be made to determine what services can be met by Bakersfield College and what referrals are appropriate. 

The CalWORKs Office is located in the EOPS Office. Contact the CalWORKs Office at (661) 395-4351.

CalWORKs Services Provided

Support services include, but are not limited to work study opportunities, academic and personal counseling, as well as, a cooperative partnership with the Department of Social Services.

We Provide our Students with the Following Services:

  • Priority registration: First to register before other students on campus
  • Educational Grants: As funding permits, must meet qualifications
  • Career Development: Education/training that leads to employment
  • Work Study Programs: Job referrals on and off campus
  • School Supplies: As funding permits
  • Tutoring: Obtain an extra tutoring session referral per class, per week
  • Counseling & Educational Advising: Receive personalized academic counseling
  • Comprehensive Student Educational Planning: Develop a student plan (CSEP) to succeed
  • Educational and Cultural Enrichment activities: Participate in our co-curricular opportunities
  • University Campus Visits: Attend university campus tours
  • Caps & Gowns: FREE cap & gown for CalWORKs graduates