Bakersfield College

Bakersfield College Administration Building

Step 1

Services Eligibility and Requirements

Job Placement Services assist students in finding part-time work while attending college and upon graduation. Assistance is available in locating full-time career opportunities. For those students seeking part-time employment, an effort is made to locate work that is related to ones major or occupational goal.

Referrals for interviews are made on the basis of employer hiring requirements. Regularly scheduled workshops are offered on job interview techniques, job search skills, and resume preparation. Placement services are available at no charge to the student or employer.

Job Placement has categorized job opportunities in four categories:

  • On-Campus
  • On-Campus - Special Requirement
  • Off-Campus
  • Off-Campus - Out of the Service Area.

Select the other tabs for detailed descriptions and criteria for each category.

On-Campus Jobs

  • All student employment positions for Bakersfield College (BC), Weill Institute, and Delano Center are posted on College Central Network as "on -campus" jobs.
  • Student must be currently enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units or part-time status at Bakersfield College to work on campus
  • Must complete the On-Campus Employment Orientation. The orientation will expired after two years. Students will need to update orientation to continume working on-campus
  • Student positions are funded through Federal Work Study (FWS), which is part of the Financial Aid Award, or funded out of the department's budget.

On-Campus Special Requirement

On-Campus Special Requirement positions are located in three areas:

  • Student Government Association
  • Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSP&S)
  • Tutoring Center
  • Supplemental Instruction (SI)

The positions range from Student Body President to Mobility Aid Drivers. These are ongoing positions that recurit and may not be posted on the web as On-Campus currently available jobs. Students are encouraged to inquire with respective departments for openings. Each position has specific qualifications and prerequisites; such as, driver license, certificate(s), election, or physical requirements.

  • Special Requirement positions have separate funding sources and could require a 12 month commitment.
  • Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units or part-time status at Bakersfield College.
  • Must complete the On-Campus Employment orientation.

Off-Campus and Off-Campus ~ Out of the service area

  • To utilize Job Placement services, student must be currently enrolled or be a BC graduate.
  • Job Placement receives the majority of job announcements from within the state of California.
  • Kern County is the official service area for Job Placement at Bakersfield College.
  • Nationwide positions can also be accessed on the web. In addition, Job Placement has positions posted in the office Admins & Records Building Room 12.

Employment for Students with Disabilities

Additional employment services may be available for students who:

  • Have a disability
  • Currently enrolled with DSP&S
  • Are clients of the California State Department of Rehabilitation

For more information, stop by the WorkAbility III office, Student Services 178 or call (661) 395-4385

Employment for students who receive TANF/AFDC (CalWORKs) Additional employment services and positions are available. For more information call (661) 395-4351 or stop by Student Services 191.


» Step 2: On-campus Employment Opportunities/Worksites

Kern Community College District