What Is Supplemental Instruction (SI)?
- Group tutoring sessions set up for specific courses (subjects)
- Each session is led by a student, known as an SI Leader, who has already passed the course successfully
- SI Leader attends your course meetings all semester along with you, so that he/she knows exactly what the instructor is requiring
- SI sessions involve group discussion of course concepts with an emphasis on study skills and learning strategies
- Students who regularly come to SI get higher grades!!
Prefer help one-on-one? You can also check out the Tutoring Center!
Why Should I Attend?
- Get higher course grade
- Meet new people and get involved on campus
- Learn valuable study skills
- Enjoy the learning process
How do I get Involved?
- If your course has an SI Leader, pay attention to the in-class announcements that he/she makes about session times
- If your course doesn't have an SI Leader, check out the SI Session Schedule link on this page and join a session--all students are welcome!
Interested in becoming an SI Leader?
- Make sure you earn an A or B in the class for which you'd like to be an SI Leader
- Ask your instructor to recommend you--an application link will be sent out to instructors around the 12th week of the semester
- After being recommended, check your BC e-mail regularly for announcements on the employment process from Mrs. Pierce, SI Program Manager
SI Session Schedule for Fall 2017--COMING SOON!