Academic credit earned in regionally accredited institutions of higher education for comparable pre-licensure courses will be accepted for transfer. The student who is in good standing transferring from another Associate Degree Nurse program will be given credit for content already covered in his/her previous educational program.
Transferring students must meet the same eligibility requirements as Bakersfield College generic nursing students including the repeat policy. Bakersfield College ADN students cannot exceed two nursing program failures. Students who have exceeded the allowable failure policy will not be considered.
1. Enroll at Bakersfield College
Please note – the transcript evaluation process can take anywhere from 12-16 weeks and must be completed prior to the end of the application period. For the December application period your transcripts should be submitted no later than September 1. For the June application period, your transcripts should be submitted no later than March 1.
2. Have your transcripts evaluated by:
3. Once your transcripts have been evaluated and posted to your Bakersfield College transcripts, either order an official copy to be sent from the Admission and Records office or print your unofficial transcript and submit along with Application Form to the Nursing Program during the appropriate application periods
4. Obtain Letter of Good Standing from your previous nursing program.
5. Obtain course descriptions of the nursing courses you have successfully completed.
6. Once all the above steps have been completed, please call the Allied Health Department at 661.395.4282 and speak to the Nursing Dean/Director’s assistant to schedule an appointment to meet with the Dean/Director to discuss options for transfer.