Students who have met the entrance requirements but are otherwise not eligible for the Bakersfield College Nursing Programs can petition to gain permission to re-apply to the program by following the steps below.
What you need to petition for re-entry:
- Letter explaining why you were not previously successful and why you would be successful now, what has changed in your life allowing you to be successful.
- Letters of recommendation from employers, teachers and others who can attest to your ability to be successful in a nursing program.
- Bakersfield College transcripts – please note: transcripts from other colleges must be officially evaluated by the Bakersfield College Admission and records department.
- Course descriptions of any previous nursing courses
- Once you have gathered all the items, please call the allied health office to make an appointment to meet with the Petition Committee – you must bring all the items to the interview – please be advised that this interview may be recorded.
Note: Students wishing to Petition for re-entry must meet the program entrance requirements of a Pre-Requisite Validation minimum score of 75% and a minimum TEAS score of 62%. Students who do not meet these eligibility requirements are not eligible to petition the program.