- In the Nursing and Allied Health Department, clinical rotations are still in operation. Students should remain in close contact with professors and clinical supervisors for the most up-to-date information regarding courses and rotations.
- The Nursing and Allied Health Department has gone to scheduled appointments only for the Skills and Computer Lab in efforts to maximize social distancing.
- There will be no impact on the processing and delivery of information for applications for upcoming semesters. Updates to the status of applications for nursing can be found by visiting the Nursing Application Status page.
- Nursing tutors will still be available for student needs through online and virtual platforms. Please contact our success coach for scheduling. Advising will be moving to online and telephone appointments as well. Contact information for Success Coach and Educational Advisor can be found on the Nursing Faculty and Staff page.
- If you have any further questions or need more information, please email email@example.com
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) course prepares the student to provide services to those who need health care. The student will learn the role of the caregiver, the healthcare environment, healthcare safety; adult needs in health and illness and basic care giving skills.
Upon successful completion of the Nurse Assistant course, the student is eligible to take the competency exam as a Certified Nursing Assistant by the Department of Health Services. Students with certain misdemeanor and/or felony convictions may be prevented from receiving certification or licensure from the State - clarification can be provided upon request.
Course can range anywhere from 8-16 weeks depending on the semester taken and class chosen.
Students are responsible for enrollment fees, physical examinations, immunizations and/or vaccines, drug and alcohol screen and uniform attire. See Nurse Assistant Course Estimated Costs for the estimated cost of fees, examinations, textbooks and uniforms for the program. Financial Aid may be available.