First Two Free Transcripts
The Office of Admissions and Records will provide you two free transcripts. Once you have received your two free transcripts, you must order all other transcripts through the Credential Solutions below.
To order your first two free transcripts, fill out the Free Transcript Request and take it to the Admissions Office.
This form must be submitted in person to Admissions and Records. Requests submitted via email will not be considered.
Subsequent Transcript Orders
Bakersfield College has partnered with Credentials Solutions to accept transcript orders via internet through a secured site. Credentials Solutions the designated agent for processing and sending official transcripts, including electronic EDI transcripts and PDF transcripts. Credentials Solutions has been granted the authority to deliver all such transcript requests on behalf of Bakersfield College and to respond to any inquiries regarding these transactions.
The following are service options for ordering an official transcript through Credentials Solutions.
- Regular Service: All regular orders placed and authorized from Sunday through Saturday will be processed the following Wednesday. This service is mailed USPS Regular Mail.
- Rush Service-Pick Ups (transcript only): Rush orders placed and authorized by 10:00am PT will be available for pick-up same day after 1:00pm PT. All other Rush orders after 10:00am PT will be available the next business day after 1:00pm PT.
- Rush Service-Mail or Pick ups (with attachment, CSU GE or UC IGETC): Rush orders placed and authorized will be processed in approximately 4 business days. Once processed as requested, it will be either mailed USPS Regular Mail or available for pick-up after 1:00pm PT.
- Rush Service-by EDI/XML/PDF (transcript only): Rush orders placed and authorized by 10:00am PT will be processed same day. All other Rush orders after 10:00am PT will be processed the next business day. This type of order will be immediate and would be up to the receiver(s) to accept the order(s).
- Rush Service-by EDI/XML/PDF (with some eligible attachments): Rush orders placed and authorized by 10:00am PT will be processed same day. All other Rush orders after 10:00am PT will be processed the next business day. This type of order will be immediate and would be up to the receiver(s) to accept the order(s).
- REGULAR SERVICE: *The first two copies (lifetime) are FREE and will be deducted at the end of the order if eligible. Additional copies are $6.75 per copy thereafter.
- RUSH SERVICE: $8 in addition to the regular service fee cost per copy (Total may vary).
*The first two transcripts (lifetime) a student requests are FREE. However, FREE requests are not available through TranscriptPlus®. You must request FREE orders in-person at the Admissions & Records counter.
Check the Status of your Online Transcript Order
When you place your order, you will receive an order number to your email. This number will allow you to follow the processes of your order by visiting Credentials Solutions.
For any questions, please call the Customer Service Department at (847) 716-3005 between the hours of 7:00am CST and 8:00pm CST Monday through Thursday and between 7:00am CST and 6:00pm CST on Fridays.
- Transcript orders will NOT be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
- If paying with a check or money order, it will need to be made out to Bakersfield College.
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, transcripts may not be released to a third party without the written, signed authorization along with a photo copy of the student’s driver’s license.
- Student or authorized named person when order was placed must provide picture I.D. to pick up transcript(s) in person.
- We do not process requests or payments over the phone due to student confidentiality.
- The first two transcripts (lifetime) a student requests are FREE. However, FREE requests are not available through TranscriptPlus®. You must request FREE orders in-person at the Admissions & Records counter.
- For students with course work prior to Summer 1987: An unofficial copy of a student’s academic record, reflecting only the courses taken prior to Summer of 1987, can be requested by filling out in person.
- Former students with no login information: Former students that do not have a Bakersfield College email address, or the ability to log on to InsideBC, should first check the KCCD Find My Email Address page. If your student account is found, you should be prompted to create an email address. Then, once logged in, complete the prompted Admissions/Update form.