Links Leadership STEM/STEAM Academy
- January 25, 2020 - 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Emerson Middle School - 801 4th St., Bakersfield, CA 93304
- Student volunteer opportunity - for more information, contact Ian Spark or Ramssess Patterson
EERE Robotics Internship Program
The US Department of Energy is hosting a Robotics Internship program sponsored by the Advanced Manufacturing Office. Apply now at the registration link before 8 a.m. on February 3, 2020.
Stipend: $600/week for recent high school graduates, postgraduates with an associate degree, and undergraduate students; $750/week for graduate students and postgraduates
Inbound-outbound travel: Up to a combined maximum of $1,000, if eligible
Housing Allowance: $150/week, if eligible
- Duration: 10 consecutive weeks, May – September 2020
- Location: DOE National Laboratories
- Eligibility: U.S. Citizenship required. Open to Recent graduates, Undergraduate and Graduate students, High School Seniors. Have or be pursuing a degree related to robotics, manufacturing, or engineering.
MESA Orientation Workshops
Learn more about the MESA program from 10:00-11:00 a.m. on the following dates in the AREA STEM Success Center
- January 31
- February 21
- February 28
Discover STEAM Expo
- February 27, 2020 - 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- 7500 Vaquero Ave., Bakersfield, CA 93308
Have your company set up a booth with a fun interactive, STEAM based activities. You are also welcome to provide additional information about what your company has to offer. We would love to show our students and their families all the fun that STEM has to offer. For more information, contact Emily Kremers at (661) 589-7336 or email@example.com.
Professional Development Workshops
All professional development workshops will be held in SE 51 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- January 24, 2020 - REU Internship Workshop with Dr. Joe Saldivar
- February 21, 2020 - FAFSA Workshop
- March 20, 2020 - Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
- April 17, 2020 - Internship and Scholarship Workshop
Town Hall Meetings
All town hall meetings will be held in SE 51 from 11:00 a.m. to noon.
- January 24, 2020
- February 21, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- April 17, 2020
MESA Student Leadership Retreat
MESA will select six students to attend a leadership retreat. For more information, please contact Ramsses Patterson, Vanessa Moreno, or Ian Spark.