Marketing & Public Relations department is responsible for the content on this web site. Our web team strives to keep information current and factual about services, events and departments at Bakersfield College. If you are a student or member of the public and see something that is incorrect or missing from our website, notify the web team.
Faculty and Staff
For faculty and staff, to request edits for content on this site, bakersfieldcollege.edu, calendar events, workshops, sliders on the homepage, or an update to the online directory, submit your request through the KCCD Support Service Center.
KCCD Support Service Center
Note: Web requests may take up to 1-2 weeks to complete. Events should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
To route the ticket correctly:
- Click “Create Case” (you may have to try twice, sometimes the page refreshes the first time)
- College: Bakersfield College
- User Type: Faculty/Staff
- Request Type: Web Services
- Fill out the rest of the form with details about your requested edits.
- Make sure to include beginning and end dates where needed and to attach any photos or documents needed.
Note: Documents for posting on the web must be accessible and it is your responsibility to make them so. Find out how to make documents accessible at Accessibility Center Resources.
For faster service:
- Be detailed, clear and precise. There is more than one Web Content Editor in Marketing and over 1,000 pages on our website. Don't assume that we know what you know about your content.
- Include the URL of the page you want edited even if the form does not ask for it.
- Flyers must be accessible. JPEG, JPG, PNG, and GIFs are images, and are not accessible. To publish a flyer, it must be PDF and tagged properly. See the Accessibility Center Resources for how to make it accessible.
- Header Images are the pictures at the top of a web page. They are 860x286 pixels, can be PNG, GIF, JPG or JPEG and must be less than 64 MB.
- Sliders are the pictures on the home page that circulate.
- They are 1170x500 pixels, can be PNG, GIF, JPG or JPEG and must be less than 2 MB.
- Look at the current sliders in a wide screen and on mobile. Note how the black box reacts to the screen size and that it covers the left third of the image when on a computer screen and the bottom quarter when on a mobile device.
- It is not recommended to have a lot of words in the image as they must be repeated in the black box usually and alt-text is restricted to about 120 characters.
- Sliders are limited to 8 at any given time. Slider priority is determined by content that is most important to students, such as registration, parking, academic services, student services, etc., then by dates of when the event occurs.