Bakersfield College

International Students at Bakersfield College

Transfer-In Procedures

F-1 visa Student wishing to transfer to Bakersfield College from another College or Language School is the US:

If you have maintained your F-1 status while in the US with the college you are transferring from, then you must:

  1. Your I-20 must be active and cannot be expired or terminated
  2. If you are out of the US for more than 5 months, you may apply to BC for a new I-20. However, you will keep the previous SEVIS #
  3. Apply to Bakersfield College by completing F-1 visa application and secure an acceptance letter from BC
  4. Inform your current school of intent to transfer
  5. Have your current school complete the Transfer Eligibility Form
  6. If you plan to travel overseas before attending BC, complete and submit the form  I-20 Travel Request Form 
  7. Once the SEVIS record has been transferred to BC, student must meet with the international counselor in SS#37 to complete the transfer process.
Kern Community College District