CRITERIA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
1. Foreign nationals who enter the United States on a Visitor visa must change their visa status to an F-1 student visa in order to be considered for admissions to Bakersfield College. Your B1/B2 visa must be valid while your admission application is being evaluated.
2. Evidence must be offered of academic achievement equivalent to a U.S. High School education.
3. Foreign students must offer evidence that they possess sufficient knowledge of the English language to profit from instruction at the college level.
4. Foreign students who have attended a college in the United States must show satisfactory academic progress.
5. Foreign visa students must participate in the Assessment, Orientation, and Counseling before enrolling in classes.
6. All students are placed in courses based on their assessment scores in English and Math.
7. Foreign students on an F-1 visa must present evidence that they are financially capable of defraying all costs during the period of attendance at the college. These costs are approximately $15,000 per school year, which include: housing and living expenses; textbooks and supplies.
8. Foreign students must certify that their intent is to attend college full-time and that no employment is required. Students shall be required to enroll in no less than 12 units (full- time) per semester. Students are expected to complete their community college education in a timely manner.
9. Students who are accepted will receive a Form called I-20 and should plan to arrive in Bakersfield about 30 days before classes begin in order to complete assessment and Orientation and to find a suitable place to live.
10. Students must make their own housing arrangements. Dormitory facilities are not available on campus. Please refer to the housing site for more information.
11. All F-1 student are required to attend an F-1 Orientation a week prior to start of semester date.
12. Bakersfield College reserves the right to modify its programs, tuition and fees, admission and graduation requirements, schedules and other policies, procedures and regulations without notice.