Current International Students
- Visit InsideBC.
- You should see a tab
Why consider Bakersfield College?
As we celebrate our 100th years anniversary in 2013-2014, I would like to welcome you to Bakersfield College.
Students from countries outside the United States are eligible to attend Bakersfield College if they have:
- the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma (equivalent to the 12th grade in the U.S.)
- a demonstration of satisfactory proficiency in English (Link to all acceptable assessment)
- and sufficient financial resources (Link to the Financial Resource Form) to pay all expenses.
BC is recognized as the oldest continually operating two year community college in California, and has a reputation of 100 years of excellence. Bakersfield College offers the first two years of an American university education in an affordable community in California, 99 miles north of Los Angeles.
What We Offer
- Strong academic programs: Bakersfield College offers more than 82 majors and 61 certificated programs that are fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. www.bakersfieldcollege.edu/academic/degrees
- Classes are smaller in size and taught by professors, not teaching assistants.
- Strong English as a Multi-Language Program (EMS) courses, which allows international students to successfully begin their academic studies. www2.bakersfieldcollege.edu/EMS
- Bakersfield College’s students may earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, or complete lower division and general education requirements to transfer to a four- year college/university. www.CSUMentor.edu and www.uctransfer.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Bakersfield College is the most economical choice -- The cost of studying at Bakersfield College is very affordable compared to most other institutions of higher education in the U.S.
We look forward to your application to Bakersfield College.