Bakersfield College

International Students at Bakersfield College

International Students

Welcoming the World to Bakersfield College!

Students from around the world are eligible to attend and enroll at Bakersfield College.

The International Student Affairs (ISA) office at Bakersfield College is committed to student success and provides excellent open-access educational opportunities for the life-long learning and development of non-immigrant students in a safe and friendly environment.

The focus of ISA is student success and student achievement. The ISA office provides counseling and advising in immigration, academic, advocacy, cross-cultural, and personal matters. ISA office supports an environment conducive to international education and intercultural awareness through educational, social, and cross-cultural programs.

The International Student Affairs office is the primary resource for the non-immigrant students and their families at Bakersfield College. We create a learning environment that celebrates diversity and growth.

At Bakersfield College, we embrace quality and accountability though measurable outcomes such as:

  • After completing the F-1 Orientation, international Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the F-1 visa student requirements as it pertains to their immigration status
  • At the end of the second educational counseling session, international students will complete a CSEP (Comprehensive student educational plan), and are able to identify requirements for completing a certificate of achievement, an associate degree, and transferring to a university.

Bakersfield College, a non-for-profit institution, is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges ACCJC,

Welcome in other languages

Instructions for international students

Apply Now!

New Students

Why Bakersfield College?

  • Strong academic programs that provides a top education
  • Years 1 and 2 of a BA or BS degrees
  • A world-class faculty with real world experiences
  • Easy transfer process to University of California (UC) and California State Universities (CSU). 
  • Classes are smaller in size and taught by professors, not teaching assistants
  • Affordable living
  • Strong English as a Multi-language Student (EMLS) Courses