Online Automated Scholarship System
It's the fast and easy way to apply for the many scholarships offered by Bakersfield College, the Bakersfield College Foundation and many private donors.
With the BC Online Automated Scholarship System, you
- Fill out one simple and secure general Scholarship Application
- Are automatically considered for many of the Scholarships available at BC
- May be eligible for additional Scholarships by answering a few supplemental questions
- Can do a keyword search on all of the Scholarships available to review qualifications
- Have access to submit requests for Letter of Recommendation forms
Applying for Scholarships is as easy as 1...2...3...
- Click here for the Online Scholarship Application. DEADLINE FOR 2018-19 IS DECEMBER 1, 2017
- Log on by providing your BC issued e-mail address and password. (To obtain a BC Username and Password, you must Apply for Admission to the College)
- Complete your simple online general scholarship application.
*Reminder* - You alone are responsible for ensuring your two letters of recommendation are submitted by the *general application deadline*. If you do not have two recommendations in by the general application deadline, then your application will not be considered completed. It is highly recommended that you contact this individual and let them know that you are listing him or her as a reference and that he or she should expect an email from Kern Community College District regarding this request.
Follow our link that shows the SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION STEPS
You must have completed an Admissions Application in order to start the Online Scholarship Application process.
There are many outside scholarships available to qualified students. Business firms, organizations and four-year colleges provide scholarships for students. Notices regarding scholarship opportunities are posted throughout the year on bulletin boards in the Office of Financial Aid. The college library is also an excellent source of information regarding scholarship opportunities.
The following websites on outside scholarships are provided for your reference. Bakersfield College does not endorse any specific site.
- Kern County Wool Growers Auxiliary
$1,000 scholarship to a qualified Kern County student who wishes to pursue the study of agriculture or an agriculture-related field.
Visit website for full eligibility criteria and application requirements.
Application deadline is April 14, 2018 and must be mailed to the Kern County Wool Growers Auxiliary, Attention: Scholarship Committee to the address shown on the bottom of the application form and checklist..
- American Indian Education Programs
- Read about resources available, including scholarships, for Native Americans.
- Gates Millennium Scholarships
Find out about scholarships for outstanding Pell Grant-eligible African-American, Hispanic-American, American-Indian, Alaskan-Native or Asian-Pacific Islander-American students.
- Governor's Scholarships
Go here to learn how to access your Governor's Scholars Awards.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Explore scholarship opportunities offered by the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
- Caring.com Student-Caregiver Scholarship
Gives out 2 awards of $1,500 each to students going to school while caring for a loved one.