Bakersfield College

Financial Aid Office Header

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

Financial Aid TV

Get video answers to your questions with Financial Aid TV! Check it out!

Financial Aid Questions? Get answers 24/7/365 - FA TV get answers.

FAQ: General Financial Aid

Visit the Financial Aid Website for detailed information on financial aid programs and options.

The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOP&S) is a state-funded support program designed to provide academic support, financial assistance and encouragement for educationally disadvantaged students. Additional information about EOP&S can be found here: EOP&S Program

  1. Login to your InsideBC Portal
  2. Click on Financial Aid
  3. Click on Eligibility
  4. Select the new Award Year
  5. Click “Verification Connection”
  6. Sign in with your InsideBC login
  7. Provide information about your identity
  8. Enter your BC email and current mobile phone
  9. Click Register Account to begin your paperless Financial Aid experience!

Your eligibility for a Pell Grant is based on your expected family contribution (EFC) [video answer]. The EFC is calculated by the federal processor from information submitted in your Student Aid Report (SAR). Your EFC and the number of units you’re enrolled in at the time of disbursement will determine your Pell grant amount.

Financial aid is there to supplement, not replace, your efforts to pay for educational costs. Apply early and complete all requirements on time to avoid delays in receiving funding.

Video: Will Financial Aid pay for all of my expenses?

Pell grant payments are disbursed in 2 payments per semester. Review the Payment Schedule for dates.

Bakersfield College delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information: BankMobile Disbursement Refund Choices (;

Each financial aid program has its own unit requirement. You must be enrolled in at least six units (half-time) to receive Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Cal-Grant, and Direct Loan funds. You may be eligible to receive a Pell Grant if you are a less-than-half-time student. There is no minimum unit requirement for the California Promise Grant (aka BOGFW).

No. You can only receive federal financial aid from one school at a time. If you are enrolled in two or more schools during the semester, you must decide which school will be the most beneficial for your financial aid needs and notify all schools of your decision. However, you are eligible for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGFW) at more than one California community college during the same semester. If you are attending Taft College then read more information about Consortium Agreements.

Yes, You must reapply for financial aid each year. The FAFSA application is available October 1st of each year.

Academic year 2021-2022 includes: Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 / Summer 2022.

Video: Do I have to reapply for financial aid each year?

You can view your financial aid award history in InsideBC under the Financial Aid section. If you need additional information about your financial aid record that’s not shown in InsideBC, you can contact the Financial Aid Office at to discuss what is needed.

Yes, there are deadlines you need to keep in mind.

Academic year 2021-2022 Financial Aid Deadlines

  • March 2, 2021 - The state of California deadline for Cal-Grant application for FAFSA and Dream Act applicants
  • March 2, 2021 - Priority deadline for FAFSA application
  • September 2, 2021 - There is a second deadline for Cal-Grant filing for FAFSA applicants only