Bakersfield College



Need more help?

How do I check my status and complete my financial aid file?

Log in to your insideBC account

  1. Click on Financial Aid tab
  2. Check the Financial Aid Requirements section
  3. Choose the aid year 2017-18 (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018) or 2017-18 (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018)
  4. Select Go
  5. Review Requirements and check for Unsatisfied Requirements
  6. Click on each requirement to review, complete and submit
  7. Print and submit all completed documentation that is required to the Office of Financial Aid! Be sure all forms that require a signature are SIGNED!

When will I know if I qualify for financial aid?

Students are awarded in the order that they complete their file. Once your financial aid file is completely processed and reviewed for awarding, you will be notified of your eligibility through your Bakersfield College e-mail. It may take several weeks to receive your e-mail due to the volume of applications.

What is the School Code for Bakersfield College?

The school code for Bakersfield College is 001118.

How is the amount of Federal Pell Grant I receive determined?

Your eligibility for a Pell Grant is based on your expected family contribution (E.F.C.). The E.F.C. is calculated by the federal processor from information submitted in your Student Aid Report (S.A.R.). Your E.F.C. and the number of units you’re enrolled in at the time of check disbursement will determine your Pell grant amount.

Will financial aid pay for all of my school expenses?

Financial aid is available to supplement, not replace, your efforts to pay for educational costs.

Are there any deadlines for financial aid?

Yes. There are deadlines you need to keep in mind.

Academic year 2017-18 Financial Aid Deadlines

  • March 2, 2018 - The state of California deadline for Cal-Grant application for FAFSA and Dream Act applicants
  • March 2, 2018 - Priority deadline for FAFSA application.
  • September 2, 2018 - There is a second deadline for Cal-Grant filing for FAFSA applicants only.
    • BC Financial Aid Office has deadlines for submitting paperwork necessary for your financial aid file.
      • If you are enrolled in classes during Fall 2017 but do not plan to enroll in classes for the Spring 2018- deadline to submit paperwork is November 1, 2017.
      • If you are enrolled in classes during Spring 2018 but do not plan to enroll in Summer 2018- deadline to submit paperwork is May 1, 2018.
      • If you are enrolled in classes during Summer 18, deadline to submit paperwork is July 18, 2018

Do I have to be enrolled in a certain number of units to receive financial aid?

Each financial aid program has its own unit requirement. You must be enrolled in at least six units (half-time) to receive Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Cal-Grant, and Direct Loan funds. You may be eligible to receive a Pell Grant if you are a less-than-half-time student. There is no minimum unit requirement for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW).

I am taking classes at BC and another college at the same time. Can I get financial aid from both schools?

No. You can only receive federal financial aid from one school at a time. If you are enrolled in two or more schools during the semester, you must decide which school will be the most beneficial for your financial aid needs and notify both schools of your decision. However, you are eligible for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW) at more than one California community college during the same semester.

Do I need to reapply for financial aid?

Yes. You must reapply each financial aid academic year. The FAFSA application is available October 1st of each year. Academic year 2017-2018 includes: Fall 2017 / Spring 2018 / Summer 2018. Academic year 2018-2019 includes: Fall 2018 / Spring 2019 / Summer 2019.

Kern Community College District