Bakersfield College

Financial Aid

Financial Aid Alert

Due to technical difficulties, some students experienced inaccurate financial account balances. The most common error was accounts missing the BOG waiver causing higher out of pocket expenses. We have identified the issue and are working diligently to resolve the problem. No students will be dropped during our corrective process. Please check your InsideBC message boards for any updates.

Bakersfield College strives to deliver the best quality service to our students. Please be patient with us while we improve our software to increase the accuracy of your account balance. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you soon.

Any questions regarding the amount of your bill please call us at 661-395-4428, or email us.

Avoid lines!

Do you have financial aid requirements to fulfill? 

Don't delay, check your insideBC portal today!

Log in to insideBC, click on Financial Aid link at the top of the page.

Click on Financial Aid Status and select aid year 2017-18

If you have unsatisfied requirements to fulfill, be sure to complete the forms and submit them to the Office of Financial Aid right away!

Multiple students stand in a long leading into the CSS building awaiting their turn to be seen.

Financial Aid News

NEW! 2017-18 Forms

The Office of Financial Aid is excited to move into the 2017-2018 school year. In order to promote a “green and efficient” environment, the office would like to encourage all students to refer to their InsideBC for any required documentation. In order to receive your financial aid funds faster, please complete the fillable PDF forms online, print, and submit to the financial aid office. All documents must be physically signed and dated for processing. Completed documents can be submitted in office, via email, or via fax to:

Bakersfield College Financial Aid Office
1801 Panorama Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93305
Fax: 661-395-4688


2016-17 Payment Schedule

Pell Grant Disbursements

Pell grant payments are disbursed in 3 payments per semester. Please review the attached document for further details on how this will affect you this coming school year. Read important information about Pell Grant Disbursements.

Unsure how much you are receiving?

Check Pell Grant Calculations for additional information.

2017-18 Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGW)

The Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver (BOGFW) is a state funded program available for eligible California residents and eligible AB540 students attending California community colleges. The BOGFW waives the $46 per unit enrollment fees for an eligible student. To apply for a BOGFW, students must either complete a FAFSA application or California Dream Act application or complete a paper application and bring it to the Office of Financial Aid for review. Students who paid for classes prior to receiving a BOGFW will receive a refund if found eligible for BOGFW. The BOGFW program is not a cash award. BOGFW eligible students will be responsible for

  • Student Health
  • Student Rep
  • Student Center
  • Material Fees

To apply for 2017-18 (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018) complete the application.

For Summer 2017:

If you already have a BOGW for Spring 2017 you do not need to complete an application for Summer. Your Spring application should roll over to Summer. Check your insideBC portal to be sure your BOGW waiver is applied to your account after you register for Summer 2017. Please allow 24 hrs from thetime that classes are officially added for the fee waiver to process. If you do not see the BOGW on your list of awards on your insideBC summary then you should complete the paper application and return it to the Office of Financial Aid within10 days of enrolling in classes, or you could risk being dropped for non-payment.

Loan Default Prevention

E C M C Solutions Logo

Don't default on your federal student loan! There are options that may help you avoid default. Bakersfield College has teamed up with E.C.M.C. Solutions, Student loan repayment and financial literacy services, to provide student loan borrowers a resource to help you manage your educational loans. This service is FREE of charge and you can contact them regarding loan repayment advice, repayment plan options, forbearances and deferments, and loan forgiveness. Contact E.C.M.C. Solutions by phone at 1-877-331-3262 or visit the E.C.M.C. Solutions website to connect through email or web chat with one of their counselors.

Photo I.D. Required

The Office of Financial Aid is available to answer general questions. In order to protect your identity and information, any inquiries regarding your financial aid will require a photo ID.

F.S.A I.D. (Federal Student Aid ID)

F.S.A. I.D. has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN number. This will be your new way to log in to your account. Please see the attached link for STEPS on how to update your new F.S.A. I.D. Steps for F.S.A. I.D.

Additional helpful links for Help with F.S.A. I.D.

Financial Aid Status

Want to know your status? See our FAQs on how to check your insideBC account for your 2016-17 Financial Aid Status. Verify if there is any additional paperwork that you will need to submit for the coming year. If it does not give you an option to check your 2016-17 status, please verify that your 2016-17 FAFSA was processed through Remember: It is your responsibility to be sure you have submitted all required documentation in a timely manner!

FAFSA/Dream Act Application

The first step in the financial aid process is to apply! Start by submitting your financial aid FAFSA / Dream Act application online.

Tax Return Transcript

If you are required to submit an IRStranscript of your 2015 tax returns, you can order Tax RETURN Transcripts onlineor call 1-800-908-9946. A free copy will be mailed to you. It may take 5-10 days to receive them in the mail.

Can't locate your copy of your W-2? You can order Income and Wage transcripts online.


BOGW Fee Waiver Applications

Verification forms for Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018

Verificationforms for Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017

Kern Community College District