The enrollment process for Early College opportunities is determined by the time and location of the course. Regardless of what course you plan to take, every student must Apply to Bakersfield College in order to be assigned a BC ID number. Once you have an ID number, you will need to Complete an Update Form each semester, but you will not need to apply again.
Choose an option below to get started:
At College Campus/Online/After School
Note: Spring 2020 forms will be accepted starting November 1, 2019. Summer 2020/Fall 2020 forms will be accepted starting April 1, 2020.
STEP 1: Complete the Online Admissions/Update Form
- Please note: students need only apply to Bakersfield College one time to get a BC ID number. For all following semesters, students must Complete an Update Form.
- If you would like assistance with your application, please visit the Welcome Center in the Administration Building at the Panorama Campus.
STEP 2: Concurrent Enrollment Checklist and Application (PDF)
- This form must be signed by an administrator from your high school and a parent/guardian.
STEP 3: Orientation
STEP 4: Submit the following documents (in person) to Admissions and Records:
All documents must be submitted in person by the student with valid ID. Documents will not be received from parents without the student present.
- Concurrent Enrollment Application Form
- Printed Registration Status (Go to InsideBC > MyBanWeb > Registration Status)
- High School Transcripts
- Please bring a photo ID
- If you are a home school student, please bring your Home School Affidavit.
If you are requesting to take a course that requires any prerequisites, your high school transcripts will need to be reviewed by an advisor. Please bring all of the required documents listed above with a photo ID to the Dual Enrollment office, located in the Administration Building, A-16.
You can check if the courses you are requesting have a prerequisite by looking them up in the Course Catalog. Prerequisites are listed below the title of each course.
STEP 5: Register for Classes
- Log in to InsideBC to view your registration status.
- When you are cleared to register, use InsideBC to add your course(s).
- View your 'Class Schedule' to verify that you have successfully added the course.
- Visit 'Pay for Classes' on InsideBC to pay for student fees associated with taking a course at the given location. Tuition fees for Special Admit High School students are waived.
STEP 6: Purchase Your Textbooks
At High School/During the School Day
- Apply to Bakersfield College or Complete an Update Form.
- See your high school counselor for a Dual Enrollment Checklist and Application (PDF). This form must be signed by your parent or guardian, and then returned to your high school counselor.
- Once you are cleared, you will be enrolled into the Dual Enrollment course by the Admissions and Records office at Bakersfield College. You can check your registration status or verify your enrollment anytime through InsideBC.
- If your course is not appearing on your class schedule, please call 661-395-4008 or email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate whether you are taking a Dual or Concurrent Enrollment course.
- Students must be registered in the course prior to the end of the semester.
- If you wish to drop the course, see your high school counselor.
- Textbooks will be provided by your high school.
- For more information, visit Dual Enrollment.