Bakersfield College

Culinary Class Students Cooking


What is an Internship and how do I qualify?

A semester based experiential learning experience where students can apply what they are learning in the classroom and put it into practice in real industry situations. Students who are enrolled in a CTE pathway can take advantage of the internship placement opportunities. Placement must align with your chosen CTE Major and you must meet the minimum qualifications in order to be considered.

Available Majors Approved for Internship Placement

  • Ag Business
  • Animal Science
  • Crop Science
  • Food Service
  • Forestry
  • Mechanical Ag
  • Ornamental Horticulture
  • Business Administration
  • Computer Science
  • Architecture
  • Automotive
  • Construction
  • Electronics
  • Industrial Drawing
  • Industrial Technology
  • Manufacturing
  • Welding


Do you have an internship opportunity for our students? If you are interested in setting up your facility as an internship placement site please call for 661-395-4550 for more informaiton.

If you are looking to fill a vacant position and would like to advertise to Bakersfield College students, please post your opening to our online job board Jobspeaker.


How do I start the Internship process?

***(Please Note)*** To access the files below, you will have to log in with your Bakersfield College Credentials.

Step 1 - Submit the following documents to FACE 16:

Step 2 - Make an appointment to speak with a CTE Internship Coordinator in the Career &Technical Education Office. Bring your application, sealed Faculty Recommendation Form and updated resume to your appointment.

*Placement is NOT guaranteed. For more information refer to the Student FAQ

Resume, Tools and Resources

A resume is one of the most important tools you can have for your career. This document showcases your experience and qualifications and is the first impression you make with an employer.In addition to your resume you want to you want to leave a lasting impression during your interview. If you need assistance updating your current resume or would like to practice interviewing techniques, visit the Student Employment page or call 661-395-4550 to make an appointment with a Job Development Specialist.


Kern Community College District