After you have completed the previous four steps (Admissions, Orientation, Assessment and New Student Workshop), you may register.
To begin registration:
- Log in to InsideBC using your Bakersfield College email and password.
- Click on the "Student" tab.
- In the middle column, find the box titled "Registration Tools."
- Then, select “Registration Status” in order to find the date you can register for courses.
- When you are able to register, you will use the "Look Up Classes" and "Add or Drop Classes" links in that same location.
- When you are finished registering, you can click the "Class Schedule" link to get a list of your classes.
- Don't forget! Each semester, you must fill out an Update Form -- the link is in that same box.
All students on probation/disqualification: You MUST see a counselor before registering.
Priority registration is the ability to register early for the upcoming semester. In order to qualify, students must do the following:
- Enroll in an Educational Planning course and complete an SEP.
- Complete all matriculation components including orientation, assessment and counseling.
- Students on disqualification must see a counselor.
- Continued students who were registered on Monday of the 3rd week of classes are assigned early registration appointments for the following semester in the following order:
- Students who belong to specific groups or special programs and who have completed matriculation.
- Students who have completed orientation, assessment, counseling, and have a student educational plan on file in descending order of the number of units completed, except that students who have completed 45 to 68 units will be first.
- High School seniors who have completed the early registration process.
Note: Students who have already earned a degree at Bakersfield College are eligible to register after students who have earned 45-60 units at BC.