The Bakersfield College Associate in Science Degree Radiologic Technology Program is articulated with the California State University of Northridge. Information on transfer may be accessed through the following website: www.assist.org.
ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.
ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California
- Academic credit earned in accredited institutions of higher education and accredited schools of Radiologic Technology for comparable pre-licensure courses will be accepted for transfer.
- A student who has successfully completed radiologic technology courses in an accredited radiography program may be eligible to receive credit for equivalent courses within the Radiologic Technology Program curriculum. Equivalency will be determined on the basis of catalog description, course outline, content comparison and hour’s distribution. Equivalency will be determined on a course-by-course basis and is determined by the Admissions & Records Office with assistance from the Program Director. A minimum of one semester in residency will be required to meet program completion.
- A student transferring into the Radiologic Technology Program must be aware that there is a possibility of extension of time in the program beyond the normal program sequence due to differences between radiography programs.
- A student transferring into the Radiologic Technology Program from another accredited radiologic technology program will be placed on probation for their first semester in attendance. This time period is required to determine the student’s level of knowledge and competence in the clinical area. Competency testing will be completed on exams previously performed. The student will be promoted to regular standing following completion of the semester with grades of “C” or higher.
- Transfer students must meet all program prerequisites.
- Transfer is on a space available basis.
- Transfer credit for radiography courses is granted by the Office of Admissions and Records, in cooperation with the Program Director, based on equivalency evaluation of official transcripts from an accredited college.
- Equivalency evaluation will be based upon, but not limited to:
- College Transcripts
- Catalog descriptions of equivalent courses
- Other informational material: (i.e., course outlines/syllabi, copies of student records from previous program attended, letter of good standing from Director of previous program, etc.)