It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that the following items are completed prior to the end of the application period held in the month of February:
- Complete required prerequisite courses (see Pre-Requisites)
- Obtain application form from the Allied Health Department located in Room 178 of the Math-Science Building on the main campus, or on the Allied Health website at www.bakersfieldcollege.edu/allied-health/radtech
- Arrange for an official copy of your high school transcript to be mailed directly to the: Radiologic Technology Program, Bakersfield College, 1801 Panorama Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93305. An official copy of High School Equivalency (GED) is required if your high school transcript does not identify graduation.
- If you are a Bakersfield College Student with no college courses other than BC courses: Provide the Program with an unofficial Bakersfield College transcript from the college website or an unofficial transcript from the Admissions & Records Office.
- If you have taken courses from any college other than Bakersfield College:
- a. Apply for admission to Bakersfield College either in person or online at www.bakersfieldcollege.edu and click on Admissions & Records. Follow the information under Enrolling.
- b. Have your college transcript(s) evaluated by:
- Ordering an Official copy of your transcripts from your previous college(s);
- Submit the Official copy of your transcripts along with a form “Request for Evaluation”. You can obtain this form from the Admissions and Records office or from the Admissions and Records web-page (see above) under Other Forms.
- Once your transcripts have been evaluated and posted to your Bakersfield College transcripts, either order an official copy to be sent from the Admission and Records office or print your unofficial transcript and submit along with the Application Form to the Radiologic Technology Program during the application filing period during the month of February.
- If you have taken courses from Porterville or Cerro Coso Community College, you only need to submit the “Request for Evaluation” form. You do not need official copies of transcripts from Porterville or Cerro Coso Community College
Note: The process of evaluating transcripts can take 25 weeks. Once your transcripts have been evaluated and posted to your Bakersfield College transcript, the student must print a copy of the Bakersfield College transcript from the website and then submit it to the Program prior to the end of the application filing period during the month of February. It is the responsibility of the student to supply this information to the Program.
- Late application materials will not be considered for the current application period. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their application is complete. The Program is not responsible for late materials or incomplete applications. The application must be thoroughly complete and signed to be considered for eligibility.
- Students on the waitlist must reapply annually during the enrollment month of February. This is required every year to keep the applicant’s file current. If the student does not reapply, the student will be removed from the waitlist.
Application Filing Period
Application forms and all required documents must be received by the Radiologic Technology Program Office during the application month of February. Late applications will not be accepted.
Enrollment Selection Process
In the event that the number of qualified students for the Associate Degree Radiologic Technology Program exceeds space available, the following selection process will be utilized:
Students who are qualified for enrollment will be admitted in the order in which their names appear on the Program Waitlist.
To be placed onto the waitlist, all program prerequisites must be completed. An applicant’s position on this list will be determined by random drawing of names from the pool of qualified students.
To remain current on the waitlist, an application form must be submitted annually during the application filing period in the month of February.