Please click here to review the Paramedic Program Brochure
click here for the Paramedic Program Application
It is the student’s responsibility to do the following things prior to the Program's enrollment period:
- Obtain an application form from the Allied Health Division office, located in Room 178 of the Math-Science Building on the main campus OR on this page.
- Schedule the EMT-P Qualifying Examination: Call the Allied Health Office at (661) 395-4677 to schedule your testing time. (Applicants who do not call and schedule a test date will be allowed to test on space availability)
- Turn in the following necessary paperwork on the day of the EMT-P Qualifying examination:
- Completed application form
- Application fee of $40.00: Cash or Money Order
- Copy of your current valid EMT-1 License
- Copy of your California Driver’ License
- Copy of your current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card
Application Selection Process
Students are admitted to the program based on their placement on the EMT-Paramedic Qualifying entrance exam. Entrance exams are administered in June and again in November. The entrance exam consisting of approximately 200 EMT level multiple choice questions and a math component, consisting of basic math questions.
Test preparation information can be found on the allied health webpage. Students are ranked on their score on the qualifying exam, with the top 24-25 students being selected. No individual test scores will be given to students.
In any Allied Health Program(s) which have more students qualified for application than space available, priority is provided to residents of the Kern Community College District.
Official acceptance into the Paramedic Program is contingent upon the submission of the following forms on the respective due date (see Important Dates sheets):
- Cash or Money order, made payable to Bakersfield College, for the full tuition amount of $5,000.00.
- Letter of Field Internship Sponsorship
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (Employers and Community Members)
- Students must use Kern County Providers for Field Internship:
- Hall Ambulance
1001 21st Street
Bakersfield, CA 93301
- CARE Ambulance
PO Box 2008
Kernville, CA 93238
- Liberty Ambulance
1325 West Ridgecrest Blvd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
- Kern Ambulance
1737 7th Street
Wasco, CA 93280