Continuing students are enrolled in current semester classes.
Priority registration is the ability to register early for the upcoming semester. In order to qualify, students must do the following:
- Enroll in an Educational Planning course and complete an SEP.
- Complete all matriculation components including orientation, assessment and counseling.
- Students on disqualification must see a counselor.
- Continued students who were registered on Monday of the 3rd week of classes are assigned early registration appointments for the following semester in the following order:
- Students who belong to specific groups or special programs and who have completed matriculation.
- Students who have completed orientation, assessment, counseling, and have a student educational plan on file in descending order of the number of units completed, except that students who have completed 45 to 68 units will be first.
- High School seniors who have completed the early registration process.
Note: Students who have already earned a degree at Bakersfield College are eligible to register after students who have earned 45-60 units at BC.