LVN-RN Program Application
The LVN-RN Bridge program is on hold for new applicants. We are not accepting new applications to our LVN-RN Bridge program. Those that are eligible can look into the Advanced Placement option.
NOTE: We are not accepting new applications to our LVN-RN Bridge program. See above link for the Advanced Placement option.
- Bakersfield College
- December 1 - January 15 for the program scheduled to start in the Fall (current waitlist students only)
The Nursing/Allied Health office must receive all application forms and transcripts during the above filing period (see Application Procedures below). Forms received prior to or after the application period will not be accepted.
It is the student's responsibility to do the following procedures listed below:
- Submit an application form to the Nursing Program during the appropriate application period - note, applications must be filled out completely, all information requested must be provided
- Submit proof of at least one year work experience working as an LVN. (A letter from employer stating job title (LVN) and dates of employment is preferred)
- Submit proof of IV Certification
Submit copy of current California Vocational Nurse License
- Submit either your unofficial or official Bakersfield College transcripts showing all pre-requisite courses
- Bakersfield College transcripts must be received by the Nursing office before the last day of the appropriate application period
- Submit either official or unofficial copies of transcripts showing LVN courses*
- Failure to meet all application requirements/procedures will result in an incomplete application and will not be considered for selection
*Note: Students who cannot demonstrate completion of all Board of Registered Nursing requirements for licensure will be required to demonstrate competency through written examinations and skills testing.
If you have taken courses from any college other than Bakersfield College:
- Apply for Admission to Bakersfield College
- Have your college transcript(s) evaluated by:
- Ordering an Official copy of your transcripts from your previous college(s);
- Submit the Official copy of your transcripts along with a form “Request for Evaluation”.
You can obtain this form from the Admissions & Records Forms.
Note that the evaluation process will not start until all transcripts listed on the form is received and you have submitted the Request for Evaluation form.
- Once your transcripts have been evaluated and posted to your Bakersfield College transcripts, either order an official copy to be sent from the Admission & Records office or print your unofficial transcript and submit along with Application Form to the Nursing Program during the appropriate application periods.
Note - transcript evaluations can take up to twenty four (24) weeks and must be completed prior to the end of the application period. For the December application period your transcripts should be submitted no later than November 1st.
*For complete program information, refer to the Bakersfield College LVN-ADN Program brochure.
In the event the number of qualified students for the ADN Program exceeds space available, the following selection process is utilized. Students who are qualified for enrollment enter in the order in which their names appear on the Program Waiting List. The student's position on this list is determined by random drawing of names by the Director, Assistant Director, and one assistant. If the program is receiving Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funding, in accordance with the Jobs for Veterans Act (JVA), priority will be given to applicants with proof of military service and discharge under conditions other than dishonorable. An eligible spouse or widow(er) will also be extended this priority status. To remain current on the waiting list, enrollment forms must be submitted each semester until Program is entered.
NOTE: We are not currently accepting new applications to our LVN-RN program.