Brand Usage Guidelines & Resources
Media and External Agencies
The Marketing and Public Relations Department is the voice of Bakersfield College, promoting its transformative programs and services to potential students across the nation while enabling BC educators to provide students with all of the resources they need. Our department is dedicated to telling BC's stories with inclusivity, integrity and transparency in any available medium.
The Bakersfield College brand and logo empowers us to share BC's many unique stories with a singular and uniform voice.
To communicate with a unified vision, please adhere to the standards outlined in the Brand Usage Guide. The guide covers the use of our branding and identity in a variety of communications and coverage's.
A library of digital resources is also available. You will find the logo available in all formats and pre-approved campus stock photography for your use.
Questions about the logo or any materials? Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
A campus of the Kern Community College District
Official Logo Guidelines
About the Bakersfield College Signature
For over 100 years, Bakersfield College has been blending academic excellence and social consciousness into the lives of all our students, regardless of their academic program, education path or demographic differences. At the same time, we have evolved into a multifaceted institution, one that serves a wide range of constituencies. Now more than ever, we need to communicate a strong image to our community, future students and those who make decisions about education around the state.
Our traditional graphic identity provides more than just a consistent look. As an aesthetic platform for our institutional identity, the logo articulates who we are in a straightforward, resonant and unmistakable form. Above all, the logo solidifies our reputation and expands our presence in a rapidly changing higher education marketplace. Bakersfield College's logo presents a powerful call to action for all potential students and supporters.
The Bakersfield College logo should appear on all publications, promotional advertising and printed communications created on behalf of the College. The logo can also be applied to documents intended for use on campus by college staff.
The Bakersfield College logo is the only logo that should be used to represent college departments and programs within the guidelines outlined here. The logo may not be used by any individuals, entities or other organizations without the permission of the College. Bakersfield College has all right, title and interest to the Bakersfield College logo and name.
Anatomy of the Bakersfield College Signature
- Rectangle to provide a boundary
- Thin rectangle centered under the wordmark
- Wordmark “Bakersfield College” set in uppercase stacked Adobe Caslon Pro Bold
The position of these elements do not change in relation to one another. They must remain consistent.
Guidelines for Print, Media and Online Use
- We strongly prefer the use of the full color signature on a white background. For Co-sponsored events, use the Co-sponsor logo.
- Do not use the signature as the largest element on a printed page. Instead, use a photo, illustration or headline. Just like a human signature on a letter, this identifier should be placed at the bottom of any page, at a modest size to gently reinforce the branding of the college.
- Do not change or alter the height to width ratio of the signature.
- Do not use the logo upside down, backwards, or mirrored.
- Do not apply rotation, distortion, transformation, stylization, warping, a drop shadow, or any color alterations. The approved color alternations are available on page 6 of this usage guide.Clear space must be kept around the signature at all times. It is the minimum distance the graphic can be from the edges of an electronic document, beside other logos or graphics, or printed edges. Please see page 5 for more details.
- For print, the signature should not appear smaller than 0.75 inches tall. A one inch tall version is large enough for a standard 8.5” by 11” page. In addition, the signature should only be placed in the lower 1/4th of the page.
- For media use, the Bakersfield College signature should be used for all stories or coverage pertaining to the campus, academics, non-athletic events, community announcements, etc. Bakersfield College Athletics have their own branding.
- For online use, the signature should not appear smaller than 100 pixels tall.
- A boundary rectangle of clear space must be observed at all times. At no time is any other artwork or logo to invade a clear or white boundary of space around the rectangular logo.
Please Note: All paid advertising, promotional products, publications and other materials for external marketing must be approved by The Marketing and Public Relations Department at Bakersfield College.
Proofs must be submitted to BC’s Marketing and Public Relations department for approval before printing or using the logo, seal, image, or any likeness of the college for commercially available items. Submit your proof by email to email@example.com.
Official Signature Versions
These are available as:
- RGB JPG for web and broadcast use.
- RGB PNG for web and broadcast use.
- Adobe Illustrator* CMYK for color process printing.
- Adobe Illustrator* Pantone Neutral Black C and Pantone 1805C for color flat offset printing.
- Adobe Illustrator* black and white for single color printing.
*Request Adobe Illustrator files form the Graphics Team.
|Black and red on white|
|Black on white|
|White on black|
|White with Transparent Background|
Mandatory Disclaimer Text to Accompany logo:
"Comments, views and opinions expressed during this event of the speaker or entity and do not necessarily represent Bakersfield College. To learn more about Bakersfield college and our institutional mission, vision, and core values, visit bakersfieldcollege.edu/about."
The Bakersfield College Athletics Department is rich with history and tradition. Since 1922 when the department began, the term ‘BC' has been synonymous with athletic success in our community and is the reason the stacked ‘BC' is the primary and identifying mark of the department today. The stacked ‘BC' should be used to brand all athletic teams and represent the department. Guidelines for use of this logo are below. For more information regarding Bakersfield College Athletics, visit GoGades.com.
Athletics Branding Guidelines
- For media, the stacked ‘BC' mark should be used for all Athletics stories and media coverage of Bakersfield College Athletics events and announcements
- The stacked ‘BC' is a stand-alone mark but may appear in conjunction with the Bakersfield College signature. All rules for the signature will apply.
- Do not change or alter the height to width ratio of the signature.
- Do not use the mark upside down, backwards, or mirrored.
- Do not apply rotation, distortion, transformation, stylization, warping, a drop shadow, or any color alterations.