Bakersfield College

LGBTQIA Initiatives

In keeping with Bakersfield College’s commitment to create a safe campus, the Office of Student Life exists to provide a space for members of the college community to explore issues relating to sexual and gender identities, practices, and politics. The Office offers Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA) students and staff a place to join in common celebration of their experience. It also promotes student leadership, professional and academic equity, and visibility of gender and sexual minorities in addition to providing educational resources and programs for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Questioning (LGBTQ) and Allies community. We value intersectionality, racial and economic justice, and support other campus groups in striving towards such justice.

Campus Contact:

If you are a BC Student or a community member who needs more information regarding LGBT matters at Bakersfield College, please email Dr. Nicky Damania and he will be more than happy to assist you.

More Information:

Since homophobia and limited understanding negatively impacts LGBT individuals, we strive to make it known that the LGBT population is welcome in any environment at BC. Our campus identifies a growing network of students, faculty, staff, and community members who are willing and prepared to provide support and information to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning individuals.

Also see Safe-Space and Lavender Pre-commencement Ceremony.