- » Email submission to
- » You may also use Dropbox
to transfer your files. Invite
to view your files.
- » Include your name, email and
phone number with your submission
- » Submission Deadline:
December 7, 2012, 12 p.m.
- » Committee Review:
December 10-13, 2012
- » Final Decision:
December 14, 2012
- » Winner Announced:
December 17, 2012
With the college's centennial less than a year away, a new graphical representation is needed to help celebrate this once in a lifetime occurrence. Bakersfield College Marketing and Public Relations & Bakersfield College Graphics Center are looking to the campus population to create this representation.
This competition will not only provide the college with a commemorative representation, it will forever honor the winning artist(s) by adding their name to the rich history of our campus.
In addition to the pride and recognition, a $1000 prize will be issued to the winner. The time to tap into your best creativity is now!
Below are the official rules and guidelines for the competition. These rules and guidelines should be strictly followed. Not following these rules may result in instant disqualification. Entries must be submitted by 12 p.m. on December 7, 2012. Winner will be announced December 17, 2012.
Official Rules and Submission Guidelines
- Submitted artwork must be your own work and a new creation. Previously used or published work will not be accepted. Any work found to be previously used or owned by someone else will be immediately disqualified.
- Artwork must include the words "Bakersfield College" and clearly represent its "centennial celebration." The terms "Centennial" and/or "100 Year Celebration" or variations of such should be used in conjunction with the words "Bakersfield College." The acronym "BC" may be used but SHOULD NOT be used by itself.
- The current official school colors (red and black) must be incorporated into the design. The acceptable reds and their CMYK percentages are listed below. As this is a commemorative logo other colors are permissible such as gold, gray, etc. Optional elements like the "Renegade Knight" mascot or any other historically or geographically associated items are open for use as long as it is original work. DO NOT USE ANY CURRENT VERSIONS OF THE RENEGADE KNIGHT MASCOT.
- Any submitted artwork/logos cannot resemble any current logos used by Bakersfield College or logos used specifically by any departments, clubs or functions associated with the Bakersfield College. (i.e. Foundation, Athletics, SGA, STEM, etc.)
- Entered artwork must be no larger than 10"x10" at 300 DPI. Accepted file formats are Photoshop(PSD), Illustrator(AI or EPS) and high quality print PDF. The winning entry must also submit master digital files that include all layers, outlines, colors, styles, etc.
- Team OR individual submissions will be accepted. However, the $1000 prize will be issued solely to the winning entry. Teams will share one (1) $1000 award.
- The submitter(s) of the winning entry release the right to Bakersfield College Marketing and Public Relations Department & Bakersfield College Graphics Center to use their name(s) and/or any image or likeness of them for the purpose of any announcement, publication, or advertisement associated with this competition.
- The Bakersfield College Marketing and Public Relations Department, including the Bakersfield College Graphics Center, reserves the right to alter any of the winning artwork for printing purposes and formatting for different print mediums.
- The creator of the winning submission will release all ownership and rights of the artwork to Bakersfield College. Any employee of Kern Community College District or Bakersfield College may use the artwork for college and/or district related media, publications, advertising, or otherwise with or without credit to the artist. In giving up ownership, the artist may not use the artwork for any reason without consent from Bakersfield College's Marketing and Public Relations Department or Bakersfield College Graphics except for exhibit of work in one's own professional portfolio.
- Artwork entered for judging will be submitted digitally in four versions: Full Color, 2-Color, and black.