Current International Students
- Visit InsideBC.
- You should see a tab
Please be advised that although we have an excellent ESL Program, classes are conducted in English.
It is necessary for the prospective F-1 Visa student to be reasonably proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. New students must demonstrate proficiency before being issued the I-20 form by having official TOEFL scores, which are not more than two years old, sent to the International Student Program Office. A minimum TOEFL score of 133 (Computer Based Test) 450 (Paper Based Test), or 45 (Internet Based Test) is required.
The TOEFL test is NOT required if a student has:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test score of 4.5 or higher (recognized as an entrance requirement by U.S., Canadian, British, Irish, Australian, and New Zealand Universities) (www.ielts.org).
- TOEIC score of 620 or higher (www.ets.org).
- iTEP score of 3.5-4.0 ( www.bostoneducational.com ).
- EIKEN (STEP) test score of 2a or higher (test offered by Japanese high schools and universities) (stepeiken.org).
- Level 109 or higher at ELS centers in the U.S. or overseas (www.els.com).
- Level 5 or higher at ASPECT schools (www.aspectworld.com).
- Level 5 or higher at LSI schools (www.languagesystems.com).
- Is a resident and studied in an English speaking country.
- Completed "O" or "A" levels in a former British colony (e.g. Singapore).
- Studied English language as an exchange student for at least two semesters in one of the U.S. schools and achieved a grade of "C" or higher.
- Is transferring directly from an academic program at a U.S. college or university.